Wat Pa Li Lai is situated at Moo 7, Lampam, Meuang Phatthalung, Phatthalung. The temple is the ancient religious sanctuary which was established in the period of Ayutthaya. This temple was formerly known as Wat Pa Chan and was built in the Mahanikaya Sect of Buddhism in 1891 A.D. before being officially established as a temple in 1789. Its name was changed to Wat Pa Rerai and become Wat Pa Lilai as it is called at the present. This place used to be a shipyard replenishing provision for the Thai army during the so-called Nine-army Battle. Wat Palilai was selected as a model of a developing temple in 1997 and is currently a place for meditation practice. This is an ideal place for meditation with atmosphere of a real temple amid the peaceful and scene steady natural surroundings. Now the temple is registered as the national ancient monument by the Fine Art Department because of some ancient fine arts: Ubosoth (an ordination hall), monastic boundary stones and stupas. The temple is being developed as a famous tourist attraction of Phatthalung.