, ,
 

วัดป่าขอม (วัดราษฎร์)

   
  ประวัติ
   
 

          วัดป่าขอม เป็นวัดราษฎร์ตั้งอยู่เลขที่ 91 ในหมู่ที่ 6 ตำบลลำปำ อำเภอเมืองพัทลุง จังหวัดพัทลุง เป็นวัดที่มีชื่อเสียงอีกแห่งหนึ่งของจังหวัดพัทลุง ตั้งอยู่ห่างจากศาลากลางจังหวัดพัทลุงไปทางทิศตะวันออกประมาณ 6 กิโลเมตร โดยใช้ทางหลวงชนบทหมายเลข 4047 (สายราเมศวร์ – อภัยบริรักษ์ หรือถนนสายพัทลุง - ลำปำ) และเลี้ยวขวาไปทางทิศใต้เข้าไปยังถนนในหมู่บ้านอีกประมาณ 1 กิโลเมตร ตั้งอยู่ทางซ้ายมือ

            วัดแห่งนี้เป็นศาสนสถานที่มีความสำคัญต่อชุมชนลำปำเป็นอย่างมาก นอกจากนั้นยังมีชื่อเสียงในเรื่องของพระชื่อดังคือ “พระพุทธนิมิตร” ซึ่งเป็นที่เคารพและศรัทธาของประชาชนโดยทั่วไป นอกจากนั้นวัดแห่งนี้ยังมีบรรยากาศร่มรื่นและเงียบสงบ เหมาะแก่การปฏิบัติธรรมและวิปัสสนาเป็นอย่างยิ่ง
            วัดแห่งนี้เป็นวัดสังกัดคณะสงฆ์มหานิกาย พื้นที่ตั้งวัดเป็นที่ราบแวดล้อมด้วยทุ่งนา มีที่ดินตั้งวัดเนื้อที่ 27 ไร่ 1 งาน 18 ตารางวา เป็นวัดเก่าแก่ ตามตำนานพื้นเมืองกล่าวว่าสร้างโดยนางเลือดขาว เป็นวัดที่สร้างขึ้นในสมัยอโยธยาหรืออยุธยาตอนต้น เดิมเรียกว่า “วัดป่าขัน” ต่อมาทรุดโทรมกลายเป็นวัดร้าง มีการบูรณะขึ้นเป็นครั้งคราวและเปลี่ยนชื่อวัดไปตามยุคสมัย เช่น “วัดปะขัน” จนถึง พ.ศ.๒๕๑๙ ต่อมากระทรวงศึกษาธิการประกาศยกสภาพวัดร้างเป็นวัดมีพระสงฆ์ และ เปลี่ยนชื่อเป็น “วัดป่าขอม” วัดป่าขอม ได้รับพระราชทานวิสุงคามสีมาประมาณ พ.ศ. 2320
   
            Wat Pa Korm is a private temple, located at 91, Lampam Subdistrict, Mueang Phatthalung District, Phatthalung Province. This Buddhist sanctuary is one of the most famous temples in Phatthalung, located 6 kilometers in the east from Phatthalung City Hall by taking a rural road number 4047 (Rames –Apaiborirak or Phatthalung – Lampam Road), then taking a right turn into a local road to a village for one kilometer. The temple is on your right. 
            The temple regarded as a local Buddhist sanctuary with “Phuttha Nimit Buddha Image” is greatly respected by the community and those visitors. With shady and calm surroundings, the temple is suitable for practicing Dharma and meditation.  
            This ancient temple is attached to “Maha Nikaya” (one of the two major demonization of Buddhism), located on the hill surrounded by paddy fields with 27 Rais of the area. According to the local legend, it was told that the temple was built by “Nang Luead Khao” in the early Ayothaya or Ayutthaya Period. Anciently, the temple was called “Wat Pa Khan” before becoming deserted and ruined. After that the temple was sometimes restored and renamed timely such as “Wat Pah Khan” until 1976.
            At that time, the Ministry of Education had restored the temple again as well as invited monks to remain in the temple before changing its name to “Wat Pa Khorm”. The temple received the royal granting of the land in order to build “Ubosoth”, the main building of the temple in 1777.